St Peter's Cemetery

For more historical information on this colony and names of those who lay in rest, please click on the link below which opens a pdf file with these details. St. Peter’s Cemetery is dated back to the first know burial of Johannes Eberlehe in 1902, one year prior to the church being built. Since then, St. Peter’s Cemetery has become a beautiful burial location situated on a hill over looking the beautiful prairie with a creek that flows nearby.

St. Peter's Cemetery is located South East of the church in St. Peter's Heritage Site.

St Peter's Cemetery

St Mary's Colony Cemetery

For more historical information on this colony and names of those who lay in rest, please click on the link below which opens a pdf file with these details. The cairn  at St Mary’s Cemetery was erected and dedicated at a Thanksgiving Mass on August 1st, 1971.  The cemetery existed during the years of 1892-1921.  The original size of the cemetery was 124’ x 92’.

Directions to St Mary’s cemetery for those travelling from Regina: Highway #33  Turn right  at Oyama Regional park sign, then another sharp right on gravelled road, travel 3.8 kilometers to St Mary’s cairn in field on the right.

St Mary's Cemetery

Kathrinthal Colony Cemetery

Kathrinthal Colony was formed in section 14-16-17 which is how it came to have the nickname '14' colony when the post office was established in 1903. All the members of the three colonies gathered there until St Peter's Church was built in 1903.

A small church was built on Section 10-16-17. Air-dried bricks were used to build the church and the roof was made of poplar poles and sod. The cemetery is all that remains.

Cemeteries Gallery

Speier Colony Cemetery

Speier Colony was began in 1901, after the last wave of immigrants came to the area. The chapel was built in 1913, though it is unclear when the cemetery came into being. For further reading, please refer to, "The History of the Five Colonies" by Micheal Deck.

More Info